- Remove all garbage cans, discarded wood, trash, and any unnecessary items from the yard and surrounding area.
- Check gutters and roof for dry rot.
- Make sure gutters are free from leaves and debris.
- Inspect all plants. Prune bushes and trees. Keep plants from blocking the windows.
- Weed all planting areas.
- Keep lawn freshly cut and fertilized.
- Remove any dead plants or trees.
- Clear patios and decks of clutter such as toys,
small planters, flower pots, charcoal, etc.
- Check the paint condition of the house – curb appeal matters!
- Clean windows, a simple but very effective way to SHINE!
- Ensure front door opens easily and quietly to start the showing on a positive note
- Clear all unnecessary objects from furniture throughout the house.
- Keep decorative items to a minimum.
- Clear the refrigerator of any magnets or unnecessary items.
- Keep all bathroom and kitchen counters free of clutter.
- Rearrange or move furniture if a room seems full.
- Patch and repair paint as needed.
- Clean carpets and draperies if necessary.
- Be sure items stored in cabinets or closets are organized and not stuffed full.
- Clean all mirrors and bathroom fixtures.
- A clean and tidy house shows the best!
- Leave some lights on during showings.
- Turn on some soft music during showings.
- Try not to be present for showings, and take a short walk if you must be home.
If the property is vacant during showings, ask us about our minimal staging options or see info under Options & Fees. We also have staging companies to recommend if the property requires additional items or a higher level of staging.